|2012||Habilitation, Freie Universität Berlin|
|2006||Freie Universität Berlin|
|2002||Freie Universität Berlin|
|2017 – present||Assistant Professor at Auburn University with a shared
appointment at the Department of Pathobiology and
Department of Poultry Science
|2015 – 2017||Post-doctoral Scientist at the University of California, Davis|
|2013 – 2015||Member of the team “Antimicrobial Resistance” at the
Federal Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety,
|2008 – 2013||Post-doctoral Scientist at the Freie Universität Berlin|
|2006 – 2008||Post-doctoral Scientist at the University of Georgia|
|Diplomate of the European College of Poultry Veterinary Science|
|Member of the Editorial Board of Avian Diseases|
|Member of the American Association of Avian Pathologists (AAAP)|
I am interested in infectious diseases of poultry. I focus on the intestinal health of poultry, especially coccidian and other parasites as well as Clostridia. My research aims at understanding the molecular basis of their pathogenicity and using this knowledge in practical ways to prevent disease.
- Hauck R, Sentíes-Cué G, Wang Y, Kern C, Shivaprasad H L, Zhou H, Gallardo R A (2017): Evolution of Avian Encephalomyelitis Virus during Embryo-Adaptation. Vet Microbiol: accepted.
- Hauck R, Gallardo R A, Woolcock P, Shivaprasad H L (2016): A coronavirus associated with runting stunting syndrome in broiler chickens. Avian Diseases 60: 528–534.
- Yugo D M, Hauck R, Shivaprasad H L, Meng X-J (2016): Hepatitis virus infections in poultry. Avian Diseases 60: 576-588.
- Noiva R, Guy J S, Hauck R, Shivaprasad H L (2015): Runting stunting syndrome associated with transmissible viral proventriculitis in broiler chickens. Avian Dis 59: 384-387.
- Hauck R, Hafez H M (2013): Experimental infections with the protozoan parasite Histomonas meleagridis: a review. Parasitol Res 112: 19-34.
- Hauck R, Hafez H M (2012): Description of Eimeria pavonina (Coccidia) of Peafowl in Germany. Avian Dis 56: 238–242.